Chronos Consulting Turkey is part of the Coberon Chronos Group, an award winning global leader in temporary staffing and permanent recruitment for technical and mid to high management levels for the global Fortune 500. The Group owns and operates 27 offices worldwide.
Due to new opportunities, our client is currently looking for a; ‘Senior Procurement Specialist’.
The ideal candidate should be ready to respond to the following skills and experiences:
• Graduate of BS Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering or the equivalent. Master’s degree in engineering or business discipline preferred.
• Minimum 6-7 years in purchasing/sourcing function in the manufacturing industry, experience with casting, metalworking and machining parts in local and international markets is a plus
• Proven (demonstrable) experience and expertise leading negotiations, supplier contracting, sourcing, procurement, logistics, performance evaluation, providing cost & expense analysis, and continuous improvement.
• Knowledge of MRP, capable of entering purchasing orders, and other required information into the software program. SAP knowledge is a plus
• Import and transport operation knowledge
• Self manages; being proactive, takes initiative, and able to collaborate across geographies and functions.
• Must be results-oriented and strive to achieve high levels of quality and customer satisfaction
• Must be flexible and able to adapt easily to change
• Ability to manage multiple timelines, priorities, and responsibilities
• Good analytical and problem-solving and planning skills for a sustainable and powerful relationship with suppliers, inter departments
• Good to work under pressure
• Good MS Office skills
• Fluent in verbal and written English
• Able to travel domestically from time to time
• No military obligation for male candidates
• Driver’s License (Required), active driver
• Project management skills and experience is a plus
• Lean manufacturing knowledge is a plus
• Contract review/negotiate with existing/new suppliers and obtain best terms (quality, price quantity, delivery) to meet current and future requirements
• Generate and implement a sourcing strategy for establishing a good supplier base to support the company in terms of pricing/quality/lead time and technical knowledge while considering current knowledge of the technology and industry trends
• Screen/search/develop potential suppliers for material localization and new project evaluate vendor quotes and determines most desirable suppliers to ensure compliance with the company’s purchasing procedures and performs competitive analysis on relevant products
• Implement supplier performance management in terms of quality, delivery, cost, service development and continuously improve supply base
• Ensures compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
• Proactively identifies and manages risks to avoid supply chain disruption
• To prepare regular reports