PCS/SCADA Engineer – Unconventional Resources
Chronos Consulting is part of the Coberon Chronos Group, an award winning global leader in permanent and temporary staffing, RPO and business process automation solutions for global multinationals. The Group owns and operates 41 offices worldwide.
Chronos Consulting’s (www.chronosconsulting.com) client is one of the world’s largest oil and gas companies.
The PCS/SCADA Engineer must also demonstrate the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams producing reports, studies and presentations that are pivotal in shaping management’s decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering. MS degree is preferred
- At least 15 years of experience in PCS/SCADA Engineering
- Experience performing maintenance and troubleshooting of electronic control systems and computer hardware and software including experience in any operating system (i.e. UNIX, Windows), any relational database applications (i.e. Oracle or Sybase), and network technology
- Must have a working knowledge of industry codes and standards,
- Has understanding with the metering control systems including programmable logic controllers (PLC), supervisory systems and basic PC fundamentals.
- PLC programming and troubleshooting experience
- HMI configuration experience, including graphical screen development
- Good understanding of communication protocols and interfaces such as ModBus and IEC 61850
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply applicable industry standards, such as NEC, UL, ISO, IEEE, and other requirements as needed
- Analyze situations, identify problems, and recommend solutions
Duties & Responsibilities:
The PCS/SCADA Engineer will be required to perform the following:
- Performs essential maintenance and operation tasks for Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems executing in a virtualized server and desktop environment
- Provides level 1 and level 2 SCADA system technical support to Rail Operations, wayside maintenance and other departments
- Gathers and records detailed support information, identifies and implements possible solutions, performs in-depth diagnostics, and escalates to higher level support, if necessary
- Uses diagnostic tools for troubleshooting problems and verifying proper system operation
- Collects and analyzes data for incident and system performance review
- Assists with the development and update of technical documentation and procedure manuals
- Experience with industry standard communication protocols such as Modbus, ModbusTCP, BacNet, Profibus
- Experience with integrating devices from multiple vendors into packaged solution. (system integration)
- Familiar with standard protocols (e.g. TCP/IP) and IEC standards in the wind turbine (IEC 61400-25) and substation environment (IEC 61850)
- Practical experience of the industrial automation environment in PLC and/or IPC (SIMATIC products and SPS programming would be advantageous) and HMI interfaces
- Provide management information in a timely, efficient manner.
- Provide day-to-day technical support to the Operation and Maintenance groups to troubleshoot and fix any encounter systems problems.
- Review the engineering design packages for the new installation and upgrade projects.