Location: Troy, Michigan, USA
Chronos Consulting is part of the Coberon Chronos Group, an award winning global leader in permanent and temporary staffing, RPO and business process automation solutions for global multinationals. The Group owns and operates 41 offices worldwide.
Chronos Consulting’s client is a global leader in B2B services, testing and inspection and expanding their operations in USA.
This is a newly created position and will direct the financial affairs of the Transportation group. We are seeking a strategic leader with an entrepreneurial spirit to support both organic growth and strategic acquisitions (M&A). Responsible for the financial analysis of operations, including interim and final financial statements. You will be the financial business partner and contribute to business decisions at a strategic level and serve as a financial liaison, adviser for the business leaders, using your financial skills and business acumen to provide input on the strategy and direction.
High visibility and exposure within the organization and can offer career advancement opportunities.
- Reporting to the Group Managing Director in the USA and matrix reporting to the CFO, you will:
- Drive compliance with the company’s financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, the maintenance of its fiscal records and the preparation of financial reports
- Provide leadership and coordination of company financial planning and budget management functions and ensure accounting procedures conform to international accounting standards
- Develop, analyze, and interpret statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization
- Develop cost breakdown and other models to assist division understand their cost structure to enable this to be managed and optimized
- Provide effective financial controls for the organization
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, institutes and maintains other planning and control procedures and analyzes and reports variances
- Reconcile and maintain account analysis of various accounts ( cash, fixed assets,etc)
- Ensure compliance with local,state and federal budgetary reporting requirements
- Manage the preparation of the monthly results and monitor and analyze these results against budget, as well as, explain fluctuations month to month
- Design, establish and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the departments goals and objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA and CPA a plus
- 7 to 10 years of experience in a senior capacity in a finance/controller position within at a fast-paced and multi-site organization
- Experience managing team in multiple locations and possess high energy, driven, self-starter, and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Proactive team player with a commercial focus and ability to build strong business relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to multitask
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (strong MS Excel skills), Oracle and MS Access experience preferred
- 25% travel within the USA