Our client is a market leader and an exceptional employer, as recognised in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For and Construction Investing in Talent Awards (Best Place to Work). We believe in looking after our people and our values help create a unique, dynamic, working environment.
Our national Building Performance Engineering business is led from Bristol, where our largest team is located. You can expect exceptional colleagues to work with and learn from an interesting variety of challenging and sometimes prestigious projects.
Being a multidisciplinary office, you will have the opportunity to work closely with other disciplines, including mechanical, electrical, acoustics, fire, air quality, structures, civil infrastructure, transportation and geo-environmental. We also have pool and table tennis tables, big views and plenty of socials!
Your role is to provide utilities consultancy at the following work stages:
- Concept Design
- Master planning
- Post planning and construction stages.
Your core job tasks will include:
- Reviewing asset maps and GPR surveys to identify any risks/constraints in line with proposed works
- Load calculations to determine supply requirements
- Attend design team meetings
- Report writing.
You must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the following:
- Gas, electric, potable water and telecoms networks, including associated infrastructure (substations, gas governors, water pumping stations etc)
- NRSWA (C1 -C5)
- The Highways Act (namely S278)
- Network capacity
- Mains diversions
- Network design.
- More generally, we expect you to be enthusiastic, industrious and hungry to learn with strong written, numeracy and verbal communication skills and a client-focused approach to your work.
- This is a permanent position, offering a competitive salary and excellent flexible benefits.