Opportunity for a Senior Structural Technician (or experienced Technician) to join our team of over 30 structural and building services staff, based at Blythe Valley Innovation Centre, Solihull.
You can expect exceptional colleagues to work with and learn from and an interesting variety of challenging and sometimes prestigious projects. Recent examples include various projects at Coventry University, Springfield Brewery, Silk Glass and Blossom Iron developments in Manchester, the transformation of a former Nestle site in Hayes and the Harrow View East development in London. You will have the opportunity to work closely with colleagues in other disciplines in Solihull and in our other offices around the UK.
In this role you will be responsible for the timely delivery, accuracy, recording and filing of drawing information. Your primary responsibility is to ensure all details are appropriate and coordinated with other disciplines drawings and that there are no gaps in the information presented at Tender and Construction Issue Stage.
Core job functions:
- Production of accurate technical engineering drawings
- Checking colleagues work
- Liaison with engineers, architects, the design team, and contractors
- Attend technical meetings with the external design team
- Assistance with project running, site surveys and inspections
- Significant experience in building structures technical drawing production
- Qualification in civil/structural engineering
- Self-motivated team player with good people skills
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD
- Strong communication skills
This is a permanent position, offering a competitive salary and excellent flexible benefits.