Location: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Chronos Consulting is part of the Coberon Chronos Group, an award winning global leader in permanent and temporary staffing, RPO and business process automation solutions for global multinationals. The Group owns and operates 41 offices worldwide.
Chronos Consulting’s client is a global leader company in the Beverage Industry. Due to aggressive expansion, the company is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team in Dominican Republic.
The Senior Accountant ensures that the accounting is correct, transparent, complete and delivered on time. Always guaranteeing compliance with all relevant international and local legislation and internal group accounting guidelines.
The Role of Senior Accountant (Beverage Industry):
Reporting to the Regional Finance Manager, you will responsible for:
- Auditing process inside the company and related to contracts, payments and taxes
- Presenting financial statements as a true and fair view of the financial position, financial performance and cash flows of the reported period
- Assuring timely submission of accurate financial information to all stakeholders (e.g.: tax authorities, other local authorities)
- Supporting the Finance Manager in proactively managing the year end audit process and the external auditors
- Coordinating all the Internal and External auditing processes in the company (Financial, Taxes, Transfer Prices)
- Maintaining the fixed asset register and supervising the asset accounting in the fixed asset ledger
- Managing the accounts payables ledger as well as the periodic payment runs while ensuring segregation of duties
- Supervising the bank statement postings as well as the reconciliation of the bank accounts and petty cash, getting timely compilation of the monthly and annual closings and preparing the annual statutory financial statements
- Conducting a thorough review of all monthly reports and financial statements prior to the submission to HQ or authorities in order to make corrections if needed
- Minimum of 5 + years of relevant accounting experience in a similar organization. Food and beverage or consumer goods experience is a plus
- Certified Management Accountant is required
- Vast knowledge of all local tax regulations, local GAAP and IFRS
- Possibility of a 10% travel required
- Good communication skills and advanced level of English is a must
- Must be self-motivated, self directed and be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced team environment