Retail Business Analyst – New Langholm
Retail Systems Business Analyst/Project Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen within retail, working for a busy in house IT department for a Business Analyst/Project Manager. As important as experience is a proactive and positive attitude and a desire to take ownership and succeed in helping us deliver high quality solutions, in line with business requirements, and to deadline.
- Take accountability for planning, structuring, leading and executing projects ensuring that high quality solutions are delivered on time to business units.
- Initiate project/business analysis workshops that utilise best practice techniques to encourage contributors to ‘think out of the box’ and define systems and processes that will enable the business to progress in line with strategy
- Responsible for liaising and communicating between business units, suppliers and the IT development teams as appropriate on projects to deliver the best possible solutions to end users.
Ensure that all developments comply with the Groups IT strategy, processes and Information Security policies
- Produce project proposals and plans that satisfy current and ongoing business requirements. Manage the execution of plans to ensure the delivery of solutions on time and within budget. Resolve any issues and initiate corrective action as appropriate.
- Be responsible for the quality assurance and overall integrity of the project. Manage risks to the success of the project and report on progress at regular intervals to key stakeholders.
- Analyse new operational and informational requirements of the business interacting where necessary with all appropriate users, to define and specify forward thinking solutions that will add value to the business.
- Analyse, develop and implement best practice solutions whilst ensuring all change control measures and procedures comply with the Information Security Policy
- Manage a training and support programme for development and operational staff
- Ability to learn and understand the functional requirements and workings of current and future operational support systems
- Proven experience in managing projects overseeing the design, development and implementation of software solutions, systems or products.
- Excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate in both technical and user friendly language.
- Experience working in a team orientated/collaborative environment
- Highly motivated and self directed.
- Ability to understand, define and document business requirements in a clear manner that is relevant to current or proposed solutions
- Good personal and communication skills and the ability to be a team player capable of highlighting issues and potential impacts to the business
- Inquisitive and progressive mind set leading to the generation of new and different ideas that add value to the Company
– Ability to deal with crisis situations logically and calmly and see them through
Apply to email@example.com