Contract type: Full Time
Type: Nuclear Management Consultancy
Our Client have an opportunity for a Principal Nuclear Safety Consultant to join our award-winning consultancy in Glasgow.
They have been has been providing high-end strategic and advisory consultancy support to the nuclear industry since 2005, working with operators and regulators across the new build, existing generation, decommissioning and defence markets. The company specialises in safety cases, environmental management, nuclear safety governance, radioactive waste management and decommissioning strategy, and development/demonstration of nuclear organisational capability. With clients including EDF Energy (NNB and Generation), AWE, RWM Ltd., TEPCO, Horizon, Babcock Marine and MoD, they provide a range of services to help organisations demonstrate compliance with the legal and regulatory expectations of the nuclear industry.
The person we seek is degree qualified, with either a science or engineering background and at least 10 years’ UK industry experience in nuclear safety case.
Production/strategy/management. They will be highly credible and have an interest in identifying/tracking opportunities, winning new work as well as a talent for high quality delivery, utilising the team as appropriate. The potential to translate relevant nuclear knowledge and expertise to other sectors, such as oil and gas, is also encouraged.
The role will include:
- Leading the development of technical work and overseeing the work of others in your area of expertise (nuclear safety case production/strategy/management)
- Preparation of proposals and undertaking business development activities
- Leading our interactions with clients
- Create, lead and develop project portfolios
- It goes without saying really but the successful applicant will either hold existing security clearance or be able to obtain this.