Business Development Manager Nigeria
Developing and pursing new business opportunities for the Company in the West African Petroleum and Maritime sectors
Developing and maintaining strong relationships with government so as to ensure that relevant government agencies are informed of the Company’s plans and services and that the Company is operating in-line with government laws, regulations and best practices
- Develop and maintain client and project target list
- Define clear strategies and schedules for achieving set targets
- Ensure prequalification of the Company with existing and potential customers, government agencies to enable Company to be in a position to bid for projects within its sphere of capabilities
- Carry out risk identification, profit potential and analysis for each business target
- Manage tender submissions, including liaison with Operations, Planning and Development, Facilities, Administration and Finance on submission of bid documents.
- Provide inputs to management based on market information to enable the Company to develop capabilities in areas that will give it strategic leverage for future projects.
- Gather and analyse market intelligence for new projects and opportunities.
- Ensure that client’s have a 24/7 access to a Company Account Manager
- Ensure that client and potential enquiries are screened and channelled to the correct Department and responded to
- Ensure communication of customer needs and expectations between the Company and the client and between Departments in the Company
- Ensure liaison with other departments as appropriate in relation to proposals, projects, legal, financing, tax, or other issues
- Ensure timely and regular collection of Client feedback
- Foster and develop positive customer relationships which result in increased and repeat business
- Understand customer needs and assist in the development of project solutions that satisfy those requirements and provide new opportunities for the Company
- Interact with Managers in Client and potential client organisations, professionally and socially, to maintain relationships with Clients and potential clients.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- MANDATORY: Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from
- highly ranked business school which they attended on campus
- OPTIONAL BUT PREFERRED: Bachelors degree in Engineering
- Minimum Experience: 8 – 12 years experience in Business Development function. Experience in Fabrication and Marine sectors, including international experience dealing with global clients
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge and skills in financial modelling and development of business models and plans, with focus on significant financial analysis
- Exceptional market and customer awareness and presentation skills
- Knowledge of fabrication, maritime, oil and gas industries markets and companies
- Legal and commercial skills to be able to deal with contractual and financial conditions in contracts and tenders
- Excellent networking skills.