Our client’s technology is a game-changing innovation that allows
performing non-invasive surgical procedures with surgical precision.
This is a home office-based position with 60% travel and working 2nd and 3rd shifts. The position reports to the Director of Service & Support.
1. B.Sc. in Electrical, Biomedical, Computer Engineering or Medical Physics.
2. 3-10 years’ experience in field service for medical systems (preferred MRI)
3. Multidisciplinary capital equipment service knowledge
4. Good technical understanding and approach
5. Ability to solve Hardware electronics (analog and digital) and Software problems dealing with a variety of multivariable situations
6. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
7. “Hands-on” character – Good mechanical capabilities
8. Organized, structured, capable working independently
9. Good oral and written communication skills
10. Ability to work in 2nd and 3rd shifts and ~60% travel time (domestic mostly)
12. Installation of new systems
13. Periodic maintenance and systems repairs
14. Providing technical Remote support for systems
15. System troubleshooting and diagnosis of source of failures
16. Failure, maintenance and service reporting