Field Service Technician, Water Treatment New Orleans
Our client is a fast-growing global provider of sustainable UV water treatment solutions. They are urgently looking for a Field Service Technician in the Midwest. Reporting to the Customer Support Manager, this is a home office-based position with 50-75% travel. Travel to the customer in the area will be on a daily basis – may require overnight. Travel outside the US may be required for training.
1) Associates degree (A. S.) from Two-year College, University or Technical School; with two to three years related experience and/or training in Electrical and Electronic circuits, PC.
2) Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
3) Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and understand Electrical diagrams.
4) Must be able to work independently with little supervision
5) Must be able to provide a comprehensive solution to problems even when it takes longer than anticipated. Possess customer service skills and an ability to diagnose and solve problems from nontechnical descriptions provided by customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Diagnose malfunction cause or failure of operational equipment.
Perform troubleshooting, analysis and repair of electrical/electronic/software-based systems.
Provide on call assistance to customer.
Act as a direct interface and main focal-point with the customer when assistance is needed to resolve all problems.
Assist when technical information, such as manual, prints or written “step by step” instructions are requested by the customers.
Provide customer training.
Inspect wiring and fixtures for conformance to company specifications or local electrical codes.
Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase the efficiency of the Customer Support department.
Make certain that unsafe conditions and practices are observed and corrected.
Use PC/Remote Control to access systems and analyze the data.