Electrical Engineer (Oil and Gas Sector)
Chronos Consulting’s (www.chronosconsulting.com) client seeks an Electrical Engineer.
- As a successful candidate you should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- You must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in gas industry.
- You must have full understanding of all electrical drawings.
- You must have experience in evaluating major electrical design package and come up with high level of engineering comments to ensure that design will meet the international standards.
- You must have experience in the operation and troubleshooting of Emergency Diesel generators.
- You must have experience in pre-commissioning, commissioning of offshore electrical installations.
- You should be capable in installation, operation and maintenance of onshore/offshore Electrical equipment, including; (Switchgears, Switch Racks, Power Panels, 13.8kV-480V Transformers, Navigation Light System, MV and HV equipment, UPS & Battery Charger systems, Splice Cases, Circuit Breaker Cubicles, MCC, Heat Tracing Systems, Submarine cables, Electrical Control systems, including frequency inverters, PLC, HV and LV motors and relevant control/ protection systems.
You must be familiar with the following:
Troubleshooting STATCOM, Individual Power Units “IPU”, controllers, STATCOM/SCADA interface and STATCOM transformer.
STATCOM operation in the Qref mode, Vref Mode, and transfer from Qref to Vref & Vref to Qref.
STATCOM theory and analysis of the STATCOM V-I characteristics and curve.
Replacement of STATCOM IPU, STATCOM control cards and configuration of the STATCOM controller.
Duties & Responsibilities:
As Electrical Engineer you are expected to be able to perform the following:
- Work closely with operations and maintenance teams to identify and resolve the technical issues for safe and reliable operation of the facilities.
- Prepare procedures for all operations and maintenance activities.
- Monitor the parameters of the electrical and instrumentation systems on a regular basis and work with Operations and Maintenance Team to resolve any abnormalities.
- Propose and implement design modifications to improve the safety, reliability and operational flexibility of the facilities.
- Incorporate process safety and risk management principles into all works performed.
- Maintain technical expertise in codes, procedures and technology through individual effort and ongoing training.