Consumer Health Educator & Communications Specialist
Location: Miami, FL
Our client is a global leader in non-invasive neurosurgical treatments. The company is dedicated to improving patient lives by collaborating with physicians, medical institutions, academic researchers and regulatory bodies around the world.
The Health Educator will provide information and support to those suffering with the neurological condition called essential tremors. The Health Educator is responsible for educating all interested consumers on the possible choices of treatment once learning of their desires.
The primary area of responsibility for this role is focused on education via telephone, online chat, and/or email. You will also utilize additional tools such as CRM and HIPAA compliant platforms for data collection and sharing. The ideal candidate must be proficient in the use of computers, MS Office, efficiently navigating multiple screens on a PC and have strong written and verbal communication skills. Additionally, this candidate must be able to easily comprehend and share advanced health care knowledge with fluency and ease. There may be times where an offsite presentation is required. An ability to travel and present in front of groups is a plus.
1. Strong written and verbal communication skills (speech clarity)
2. Detail-oriented and self-motivated
3. Able to follow instructions, listen well, accurately communicate ideas, and work well in a team
4. Ability to grasp the training and advanced technical details with ease
5. Familiarity with MS Office and various business software applications (e.g. ERP, CRM)
6. Navigate the computer and internet with ease
7. Travel to partner locations as assigned
8. Four-year degree or equivalent experience
9. English as a first language, Spanish as a 2nd language an advantage
1. Educate via telephone, online chat feature, and/or email, interested clients on the mainstream surgical and non-incision options to address their or their loved one’s essential tremor
2. Assess client needs for health education, including change readiness
3. With the use of various technology resources, hardware and software, you will enroll new and re-enroll adults in the program
4. Utilize account management skills and CRM tools to interact and manage client progress through the various funnel stages and ultimately to treatment
5. Assist with community training and education by conducting offsite presentations as needed
6. Help to foster a safe and enjoyable working environment