Clinical Application Specialists Germany, Spain, Benelux
Our client develops monitoring devices and applications to objectively assess patient’s physiological pain response level, spearheading pain management helping anesthesiologists.
The Clinical Application Specialist is accountable for the clinical support of products to hospitals. Their role is to educate clinician users identified by the sales team, ensuring a disciplined and complete clinical evaluation process to drive usage & quick adoption.
The flagship product helps anesthesia teams optimize and personalize the intraoperative administration of analgesics.
· Native Spanish/German/French speaker depending on location and excellent English verbal and writing skills.
· University degree in life sciences or equivalent related degree/experience.
· 5 years of experience in hospital clinical practice (Operating Theater, ICU preferred). Medical Device Company Experience strongly preferred.
· Proficient in demonstrating and selling new products/ technologies to all levels of the medical industry.
· Proven ability to identify client’s needs, communicate product benefits, while building lasting account relationships.
· Excellent presentation and communications skills.
· Travel up to 90% in the assigned territory. This may include travel via car or plane.
· Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with a major CRM system.–
Position & Qualifications Summary
We are looking for an exceptional Clinical Application specialist, dedicated to high performance, personal excellence and a strong work ethic; a person that will share our passion for advanced patient monitoring.
The primary purpose of this position is:
· To train and guide Anesthesiologists in the safe and effective use of the device and demonstrate its benefit to their patients.
· To ensure that hospitals evaluating the device have a consistent and effective evaluation process, that shows the clinical benefit of the technology to their patients and the institution.
· To provide detailed reports to the local sales distributor, and marketing / clinical staff regarding the new customer evaluation process.
· To drive deeper adoption of the product among existing customers, and to continuously improve the user experience.
· To assist Sales Management and In-house Training departments in educating/training new sales representatives and Clinical Specialists.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate qualifications in the following areas.
· Extremely familiar working in the Operating Theater, and with the practice of Anesthesia.
· A thorough knowledge of hospital procedures and the ability to interpret clinical data.
· Maintain solid relationships with both clinicians and the sales team, with a strong ability to identify customer needs and identify the needed resources to meet them.
· Must be highly autonomous, with the ability to work well in a cross-functional team.
Additional responsibilities and common missions:
· Provides potential leads for new products, opportunities, and customers to the Area Sales Manager(s) that are uncovered during the course of product demonstrations, evaluations, and training.
· Collaborate with the cross-functional team including sales, marketing, and R&D. Provide input on new product development based on in-field experience.
· Maintain high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
· Establishes productive, professional relationships with key clinical stakeholders.
· Thoroughly learn and maintain current knowledge of products, services, and competitors’ landscape. Provide continuous market feedback on products and market conditions.
· Work with the distributor (Medtronic) to establish “excellence centers” in country.