Contract type: Full Time
Type: Civil Infrastructure
Our Client have an excellent opportunity has arisen for an Associate/Principal Civil Infrastructure Engineer to lead our residential design team at our headquarters in Almondsbury, on the outskirts of Bristol, where you will work together with our national discipline leader and team.
Overview of the role
The role will involve leading a team of specialist engineers and technicians to deliver innovative and sustainable civil engineering and infrastructure solutions for our house building clients. The successful candidate will have ‘hands-on’ design involvement as well as budgetary control and work winning responsibilities.
Working within a growing multi-disciplinary consultancy, you will work closely with colleagues with different engineering backgrounds to deliver projects from initial concept stage, through planning to detailed design.
You will also be tasked with nurturing existing client relationships and will be supported to form alliances with new customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to channel their ideas and enthusiasm into improving an already high achieving team and taking the department forward in a positive direction.
Skills and experience required:
- You are likely to have at least 10 years’ relevant experience and qualifications in Civil Engineering
- A thorough understanding of Section 104, 278 and 38 adoption procedures as well as plot engineering and private drainage design
- Excellent analysis and technical design skills in AutoCAD, WinDES and PDS (or equivalent design software such as Civils 3D)
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Experience working with developers, architects and planners
- Knowledge of UK planning procedures
- Line management experience
- Ability to estimate design fees and respond to quotation requests
- Experience of negotiating technical approvals from highway and drainage authorities
- Self-motivated with good people skills and an aptitude for work winning.
This is a permanent position, offering a competitive salary, company car or car allowance and an excellent benefits package.