Chief Operating Officer
A newly formed ship repair, maintenance, fabrication and integration yard in West Africa requires a Chief Operating Officer.
The Manager’s main responsibilities will include assisting in setting up the Company’s operations, leading and guiding the operational teams and assisting in marketing to clients. The COO will also be responsible for coordinating the activities of setting-up the yard with a new management team. The maximum capacity of the Yard is 1,000 ton / month and the infrastructure and facilities are all first class.
Qualifications, Experience and Personal Attributes:
• BSC or BE or B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering or Production
• Engineering or Industrial Engineering plus an MBA or Post-Graduate degree (preferable)
• Relevant Professional Qualification
• Additional education may include specialized training, professional certifications, workshops and seminars relevant to industry.
• At least 15 years’ experience working in a Supervisor role for a leading offshore steel fabrication and engineering Company.
• Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
• Able to take a long-term view.
• Capable of problem solving, decision making and failure analysis.
• Experience in implementing and overseeing the application of HR, Finance, Operations and Strategic Management in the day to day business.
Experience in fundraising
• Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
• Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Dynamics
• Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
• Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving A self-motivated leader & a team player.
• Familiar with modern production technologies and prepared to learn and master new technologies and concepts, with a track record of having remained fully abreast of the new developments in the industry over the last 15 years.
• Exceptional inter-personal & communication skills (both verbal & written), including negotiating, persuasive and presentation skills.
• Excellent marketing skills and business sense for achieving results.
• Skills in dealing with and developing potential clients from international Oil Companies, to industrial manufacturers.
Line Manager: Reports to Chief Executive Officer:
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage the overall company operations and day to day repairs and fabrication activities
• Implement and maintain international standards such as ASTM, ASME, ANSI, API etc.,governing all aspects of work in the Yard as well as the certification and handling of production machinery, equipment and machine tools.
• Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
• Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
• Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
• Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.)
• Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
• Evaluate performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics
• Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
• Assist CEO in fundraising ventures
• Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
• Manage relationships with partners/vendors Consistently motivate, train and develop employees at the Company.