BD Manager USA, Metal Additive Manufacturing
Location: Chicago IL
Our client, a unit of a multibillion-dollar global conglomerate, is a leading provider of metal additive engineering, manufacturing and services to the Industrial, Automotive, Heavy Engineering, Aerospace and other sectors. This is a newly created role which will be responsible for business development and sales and deploying market facing strategies and action plans, for customer identification and acquisition, to accomplish revenue, branding and marketing objectives. The role is home office based anywhere in the US (close to a major airport) and will include nationwide travel.
· University degree in manufacturing technology/mechanical engineering/Metallurgy
· Appr. 10yrs experience in front-line sales and BD for an OEM or direct supplier with a successful track record selling to the Automotive and Industrial sectors
· Excellent professional network that includes decision makers from engineering, r&D, strategy, and CXO levels in client organizations.
· Demonstrated experience of having built a strong sales organization focussed around technical solutions/concepts / emerging tech
· Comfortable in a start-up environment
· Experience in Additive Manufacturing production services, components engineering and manufacturing to print, application engineering service provider
· Experience with Project Management processes acted as Project Manager for major projects
· Self-driven, with experience in an international and cross-cultural business environment, entrepreneurial mindset
· Existing exposure to the metal AM industry. ecosystem, players and customers would be highly preferable.
· Identify customers, markets, needs and work with technical teams to customize, create and sell Metal AM solutions and services in the US.
· Create and deliver consulting opportunities in metal AM space
· Identifying market trends and shape solutions to meet those trends.
· Building trusted partner relationships that drive long-term sales from a solution-based sales standpoint
· Provide technical support including applications and process-related support
· Developing targeted competition and market analysis
· Participate in conferences seminars exhibitions to improve visibility and recall
· Leverage technical experience from the industry to accomplish your objectives
· Play a lead role in developing in a strategic alliance ecosystem to meet the revenue and reach planned.–