Opportunity for a Senior Civil Infrastructure Engineer to join our team of over 30 structural, infrastructure and building services staff, based at Blythe Valley Innovation Centre, Solihull B90 8AJ.
You can expect exceptional colleagues to work with and learn from and an interesting variety of challenging and sometimes prestigious projects. Recent examples include various projects at Coventry University, Springfield Brewery, the Silk Glass and Blossom Iron developments in Manchester, the transformation of the former Nestle site in Hayes, West London and the proposed Harrow View East development in London.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, in Solihull and in our other offices around the UK.
Overview of the role:
Working within a growing multi-disciplinary consultancy, and operating across a matrix of projects, you will undertake scheme development, preliminary and detailed designs and project coordination. You will also be tasked with work winning, budgetary control of project finances, preparing fee proposals, line management of emergent team and upholding quality and accuracy of deliverables.
You will be expected to work in a design office environment but could also play an active role in design and site meetings, site inspections and progress reporting. Good communication and effective liaison with clients, architects, contractors and regulatory/statutory authorities are therefore considered key attributes.
- Likely to have at least 8 years’ experience.
- BEng or similar technical qualification/experience, and/or an HNC/HND with relevant knowledge gained in a design office environment.
- An understanding of Section 104, 278 and 38 adoption procedures.
- Excellent analysis and technical design skills in AutoCAD, WinDES and PDS (or equivalent design software such as Civils 3D or MXROAD).
- Strong written and verbal communicator.
- Experience working with developers.
- Knowledge of UK planning procedures and experience of providing technical support to secure planning approval.
- Experience of securing technical approvals from highway and drainage authorities.
- Self-motivated team player with good people skills and an aptitude for work winning.
This is a permanent position, offering a competitive salary and excellent flexible benefits.