Software Development Manager
Location: Mexico City
Chronos Consulting is part of the Coberon Chronos Group, an award winning global leader in permanent and temporary staffing, RPO and business process automation solutions for global multinationals. The Group owns and operates 41 offices worldwide.
Chronos Consulting’s client is a leading global supplier of software that optimizes process manufacturing across multiple industries. We are seeking a Software Development Manager to support their operations in Mexico.
Reporting to a Director based in the US, you will be responsible for:
- Manage multiple software development projects throughout the software development lifecycle (SDLC) from planning to requirements to development to testing and release
- Manage post-release software maintenance and technical support activities
- Coordinate development activities with remote Development and Testing teams
- Manage and mentor members of the software development team
- Collaborate with product managers, product designers and developers to develop detailed product requirements and specifications for process engineering products.
- Work with product management, product marketing, services, and field personnel to support customer-related activities.
- Work with customers to understand their engineering work processes and modeling requirements.
- Keep current with new and developing technologies as they appear in industry and academia, and assist in determining the feasibility of implementing new technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Computer Science or related fields (Advanced degree preferred).
- 8+ years of industrial experience in the development of technical software, with specific experience in one or more of these languages: C++, C#, FORTRAN.
- 4+ years of industrial experience in managing software projects and software development teams; experience working with remote teams.
- Good understanding of software development methodologies, including Agile.
- Background in numerical methods and mathematical modeling is a plus.
- Experience with software tools for process simulation, design, and rating, especially AspenTech products, is a plus.
- Experience with machine learning is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- English fluency (written and verbal) required.
- Experience working with US companies is a plus.