Provide engineering support and maximize process plant asset utilization.
Implement assigned capital expenditure projects.
- Resource Management – Check progress and give guidance to support engineers, designers and field supervisors to ensure that all projects assigned are completed on time and within budget.
- Quality Control/Assurance – Maintain integrity of engineering documentation by ensuring that all relevant company standards are followed and high quality engineering outputs are delivered
- Cross Functional Activities – Provide engineering inputs for planning and execution of planned process unit T&l’s.
- Project Management/Engineering – Manage and implement justifiable projects after obtaining Company approvals. Prepare detailed specifications and designs in accordance with the relevant industry codes and company standards. Purchase long lead engineered replacement equipment in order to meet shutdown schedules.
- Engineering Support – Complete investigations of problems assigned by Engineering and provide cost estimates for the implementation of solutions. Provide approved engineering drawings to carry out essential repairs. Provide specifications to maintenance departments to purchase replacement equipment.
- Safety Management – Participate in Management of Change review teams and leads HAZOP Studies to ensure safe working and operating conditions in the plant.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
1. Minimum Bachelor’s degree in University Degree in Mechanical or Chemical engineering or equivalent.
2. Minimum 7 years of experience in project management in the oil refining, oil and gas production or petrochemical industries.
3. Able to develop specifications for design and procurement of rotating equipment by applying the applicable international codes, standards and/or project specific standards.
4. Experience in handling multiple projects and providing engineering support in an operating refinery environment.