Director Learning & Development
Location: El Coyol de Alajuela, Costa Rica
Chronos Consulting is part of the Coberon Chronos Group, an award winning global leader in permanent and temporary staffing, RPO and business process automation solutions for global multinationals. The Group owns and operates 41 offices worldwide.
Chronos Consulting’s client is a global top leading manufacturer and distributor of high precision industrial parts, used in automotive, medical devices among others. We are currently seeking a Director of Learning & Development for the facilities in Alajuela.
The Director of Learning and Development is the company’s subject matter expert in learning and holds primary responsibility for the development of the company’s talent pipeline. Reporting to the VP of HR based in the USA, you will be responsible for:
- Creating highly effective learning programs, workshops, and micro-learning that includes appropriate program materials (e.g. – course workbooks & job aids) for publication physically and digitally.
- Cultivating and developing a high performing team, increasing employee effectiveness by leading training sessions, workshops, and individual instruction.
- Collaborating appropriately with functional leaders to assess training and development needs which are connected to performance drivers and key results at the company level.
- Ensuring that the company follows a deliberate plan for the development of our talent and that the plan is meaningfully connected to the corporate strategy.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
- 10 + years experience with a min of 5 years in roles with primary responsibility for instructional design and facilitation (designing web-based training (WBT) validating learning assessment instruments, producing high quality program materials an designing experiential learning for adults)
- Demonstrable understanding of Lean Manufacturing processes and production control methods.
- Previous position with responsibility for supervising facilitators and/or instructional designers.
- Fluent, bilingual language capability in English & Spanish.