Our client is a fast-growing startup in the space of cloud storage and is seeking a Sales Engineer (‘SE’) to provide mainly pre-sales and occasionally post-sales support for the entire solution portfolio.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· 3-5 years’ experience as a SE in the storage industry with service providers and large enterprise customers
· Strong presentation and technical analysis skills
· French – native or fluent speaker – a must!
· Willingness to travel within France– at least 50%, although mostly in Paris area
· High spoken and written English skills.
· Storage Experience – Such as Hitachi, EMC, IBM or NetApp – Knows how to create and manage LUNS, iSCSI initiators and targets, troubleshoot storage related problems. Has experience in creating, managing, troubleshooting file servers/NAS and experienced with enterprise ACL, CIFS, NFS, AFP
· Working knowledge of TCP/IP, including troubleshooting using tools such as Wireshark, ethereal, etc. Knowledge of DNS, and other common IP protocols such as SMTP, etc.
· Experienced with Unix operating systems such as Linux, Solaris, etc. and 2-4 years VMware experience and/or certification
· Interact with partners – train partners and work on joint opportunities
· Support the local sales team in sales situations where technical help is needed
· Provide technical support throughout the sales cycle (qualify the opportunity, sell the solution on its technical merits, write POCs, respond to RFIs/RFPs, support complex implementations for large customers once the deal is closed, etc.)
· Transfer knowledge to both customers and partners (product demos, hands-on training) and work closely with service providers on deployments of – conduct needs assessment and work with them to use our solution as part of their commercial objectives in the market place
· Collect customer requests and pass them on to the product management team